Data Privacy Analyst
Reporting to the Nash Squared Legal Manager, this role offers a unique chance to play a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing our commitment to data protection!
Data Privacy Analyst
Reporting into Legal Manager
Based In Birmingham
Hybrid Working Model
Are you passionate about data privacy and data protection laws? We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Privacy Analyst to join our dynamic team in Birmingham! Reporting to the Nash Squared Legal Manager, this role offers a unique chance to play a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing our commitment to data protection!
As Data Privacy Analyst, you will work closely with the Legal team and the Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) to support the data protection obligations across Nash Squared, ensuring that the group remains compliant with Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), EU Data Laws and wider jurisdictions such as the US and Vietnam.
You will be involved in all aspects of data protection, providing excellent levels of service to all areas of the business, mitigating risk and protecting the business; this is a great opportunity to take on a varied and interesting role!
- Coordinate and manage Subject Access Requests (SARs) and other data subject right requests within statutory timeframes
- Support the Group DPO with data protection related matters such as due diligence assessments, DPIAs and data mapping under their guidance and supervision
- Assist the Group DPO with the investigation of data breaches and complaints
- Support the production of regular data related reports to the Group DPO, Leadership team and other relevant stakeholders
- Monitor the data protection office mailbox and maintain relevant logs and registers in relation to data privacy requirements
- Support the delivery of education and training to staff to build data protection awareness within the Group
- Work with the Legal Manager and Group DPO to develop understanding, knowledge and experience of the wider obligations under data protection legislation
What do you need to be successful
- A genuine interest in data protection and a willingness to learn
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience in managing a process under tight deadlines, monitoring the process, identifying and resolving issues in getting the process completed
- Able to work and deliver results in a fast moving environment with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside of the company, tailoring messaging to audience
- Comfortable working with IT systems or databases
- Previous experience in a similar type of position dealing with Data Subject Access Requests or similar would be preferable
- A Data Protection qualification/certification is desirable but not essential balanced against relevant experience
In return we will offer you a rewarding career…
- Opportunities to develop your professional career and expand your network
- Flexible way of working and hybrid working model to ensure a work-life-balance
- The opportunity to develop your career with our dedicated learning programmes such as our Power Hours, Global Mentoring Programme and more throughout your career
- Transparent and open communication across levels of management
- The opportunity to make a difference in joining one of our ERG's such as NASHPride, Women at NASH, EthNASHity and NASHability
- Summer/Winter Hours – the opportunity for an early finish on a Friday
- Birthday Day off, Discounted Gym membership, Volunteering day…and more!
If you are ready to contribute your expertise and play a crucial role in the world of data privacy, we invite you to apply. Join us and be part of a collaborative and innovative environment where your skills and dedication will make a real impact!